Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Wonderland Dress

Melanie is stopping by today to share this adorable Wonderland Dress she made for her daughter!  Be sure to visit Melanie over on Instagram, where she shares all her amazing work!

I'm excited to share my most recent dress I made for my daughter with the fabulous Wonderland Fabrics!

I knew these fabrics would be perfect for a dress as my daughter loves bunnies! She calls this her Hop Hop dress :) The bunnies are adorable and easy for fussy cutting or centering in a pattern for clothing. I was also glad that the metallic gold fabric has a nice feel as it is the lining in the dress - not scratchy at all! 




Here is a fun little peek of the lining! The fabric is well designed as it is printed straightly so it lined up nicely, which made me so happy!


My daughter loves her Hop Hop dress! I know it will be worn lots as it is one of her favorites....plus it twirls!


I knew I needed to add a black and white strip to the bottom of the dress. This is an easy add-on to do for any pattern. I simply cut two 4" strips to match the width of the bottom of the dress. Then I ironed the striped fabric 1/2" under (to tuck under the raw edge) and pinned it to the bunny fabric -lining up the raw edges at the bottom.



Then it's time to topstitch to secure the striped panel to the main dress. Then just finish the dress/clothing per pattern instructions.


Just one final close up of the cute bunnies and pleats!


I can't wait to see what you create with the Wonderland Fabrics! It is such fantastic and well designed fabric! I am so pleased with the fabric quality (I did pre-wash as I was sewing clothing). The softness for 100% cotton and print patterns are great!  

If you want to purchase yardage or 10" squares: Click Here.
Dress pattern: Geranium - Made by Rae

Have a Hoppy Day!

Melanie

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very cute I bet she will enjoy it for sometimes and you will be sad to see her outgrow it

Laura said...

Adorable! I love the bunny shoes too!

B. said...

Such a beautiful dress, great work!!

Marianne said...

A girl after my own heart. I love bunnies too! The shoes are adorable!

Karen said...

What a precious dress, you did a wonderful job making it and the strip on the bottom is the perfect touch. I love the gatthered skirt and lining on the bodice, just makes me wish I had a little girl to sew for again.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...